Science is limited in this area, because it deals with untestable historical data which means age is not really a matter of scientific observation but an argument about our assumptions about the unobserved past.
The principle of uniformitarianism assumes the present is the same as the past without first hand scientific observation on the conditions of the past to verify it, only part of this particular evidence is used for publication in secular sources for determining the age of the earth, simply because much of it doesn’t agree with the old age hypothesis.
The only source that is reliable for an accurate account, one of which witness the very beginning is found in the Bible. Keep in mind, the scientific evidences presented here, are non-testable estimates which comes out differently than what is found in evolution.
Here are a few scientific examples for estimates on how old the Earth really is…
1) The decay we observe in the human genome due to multiple slightly deleterious mutations each generation is consistent with an origin several thousand years ago.
2) The data discovered for “mitochondrial Eve” are consistent with a common origin of all humans several thousand years ago. For example, the actual mtDNA mutation rate for modern humans is much faster than the rate used in 1987.
Instead of using evolutionary supposition, the actual rate shows the age for mtEve is less than 10,000 years old. Science can now measure the rate of mtDNA Eve to 99.9 percent (Carter 2007) which is much more accurate than what was used in 1987.
3) DNA found in bacteria that was estimated to be 425 million years old. The data doesn’t match up with the old age because DNA can only last thousands of years.
4) Many fossil bones “dated” at many millions of years old are hardly mineralized, if at all.
5) Discontinuous fossil sequences. E.g. Coelacanth, Wollemi pine and various “index” fossils, which are present in supposedly ancient strata, missing in strata representing many millions of years since, but still living today. Such discontinuities speak against the interpretation of the rock formations as vast geological ages—how could Coelacanths have avoided being fossilized for 65 million years?
6) Conducted experiments show that with conditions mimicking natural forces, opals form quickly, in a matter of weeks, not millions of years, as had been claimed.
7) Evidence for rapid petrifaction of wood speaks against the need for long periods of time and is consistent with an age of thousands of years.
8) The amount of salt found in the world’s oldest lake contradicts its supposed very old age and suggests an age more consistent with its formation after Noah’s Flood.
9) We Observed the Providence Canyon in southwest Georgia, Burlingame Canyon near Walla Walla, Washington, and Lower Loowit Canyon near Mount St Helens. The rapidity of the formation of these canyons, which look similar to other canyons that supposedly took many millions of years to form. A formation I might add, that nobody has seen.
10) Carbon-14 in coal suggests ages of thousands of years and clearly contradict ages of millions of years.
11) Carbon-14 in diamonds suggests ages of thousands, not billions, of years.
12) Tidal friction causes the moon to recede from the earth at 4 cm per year. It would have been greater in the past when the moon and earth were closer together. The moon and earth would have been in catastrophic proximity (Roche limit) at less than a quarter of their supposed age.
13) The presence of a significant magnetic field around Mercury is not consistent with its supposed age of billions of years. A planet so small should have cooled down enough so any liquid core would solidify, preventing the evolutionists’ “dynamo” mechanism.
14) Methane on Titan (Saturn’s largest moon)—methane would all be gone because of UV-induced breakdown to ethane in just 10,000 years. And large quantities of ethane are not there either.
15) Neptune should be long since “cold”, lacking strong wind movement if it were billions of years old, yet the Galileo probe in 1995 found it to be otherwise—it has the fastest winds in the entire solar system. This observation is consistent with a young age, not billions of years.
So as we can observe this is plenty of evidence which indicates a young earth and even a young Universe in general rather than an extremely old one!